I provide mental health counseling to help with the following:
- Body image
- Chronic dieting
- Disordered eating
- Disordered exercise
- Navigating life with a mentally ill relative
I use the following approaches:
- Embodied Recovery for Eating Disorders (Somatic orientation)
- EMDR (Trauma-based therapy)
- ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
- Heath at Every Size
- Intuitive Eating
Are you currently going through a challenging or traumatic situation? Perhaps you’ve been through some tough life events in that past that still get in the way of living your best life. Working with a mental health counselor is a great direction to find healing and growth towards a more meaningful life. Asking for help is a sign of courage, not weakness.
I work with individuals who are struggling with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, body image struggles, and disordered eating and exercise. I use a Health at Every Size and Intuitive Eating approach, I help clients create a healthy relationship with their body, food, and exercise. I am here to offer a nonjudgemental, compassionate, and collaborative connection for you to explore your life and move towards what matters most. You get to make your own rules and pave your unique wellness path. Through counseling, we will work to increase self-compassion and decrease anxiety for an improved quality of life.
I am based in downtown Raleigh, NC, but also offer online mental health counseling for North Carolina residents.
- First Session: $150
- 50 minute session: $125
I accept BCBS insurance, or I can bill out-of-network.
219 S. East St. Raleigh, NC 27601
Telehealth/ online counseling available for North Carolina residents.
Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Kinesiology from Pennsylvania State University
- Master’s of Science in Kinesiology from James Madison University
- Master’s of Education in Clinical Mental Health from North Carolina State University
- NC LCMHCA License #A15119
- EMDR Level 1 and 2
- Embodied Recovery Level 1